- 1 slice Bacon, Diced
- 4 cups Furmano's Butter Beans, Drained
- 1 1/4 cups Brine From Furmano's Butter Beans
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- As Needed Salt
- In a medium sized pan over medium high heat, add bacon. Brown, then dice bacon.
- Next, add drained brine from Furmano's Butter Beans, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and tomato paste. Mix well.
- Add flour and ground cloves. Heat to a boil to thicken sauce. Stir while heating to avoid scorching.
- Add Furmano's Butter Beans and heat to 165 degrees.
- Season with salt and serve.